Aurore is an innovative social enterprise that offers a market-based solution to combat human trafficking in Cambodia. We welcome socially conscious and passionate leaders to join us, advance our work, and cultivate the skills and relationships needed for a successful career working for a social enterprise with international reach. By joining Aurore, you can be part of a vibrant workplace that values creativity, ingenuity, diversity, integrity, humbleness and collaboration.
Marketing & Communications Intern, Fall 2018
Marketing & Communications Intern
The intern will learn how to optimize engagement on social media and elevate awareness of Aurore’s brand and work. The intern will also work with the Aurore management team to identify conferences, events, and media opportunities to advance our company initiatives.
- Work with marketing and communications lead to develop strategies.
- Maintain Aurore’s social media presence on Facebook and Instagram.
- Synthesize complex information into social media stories.
- Use and leverage the power of storytelling to enhance Aurore’s brand across its social media platforms, website and newsletters.
- Identify relevant marketing and communication trends.
- Research and monitor relevant domestic and international conferences and events.
- Investigate marketing & media opportunities.
- Monitor and report about relevant stories, news, field developments and key policies related to Aurore’s work to support and advance the company’s business initiatives and strategy.
- Provide support to marketing and communications team members as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated interest and experience in marketing and communications.
- Coursework in marketing and communications a plus.
- Highly proficient in social media.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills.
- Clear interest in social entrepreneurship, ethical beauty, nonprofit work, human rights and civic action.
- Thrives in a multicultural environment.
Seeking a 12 week commitment to work in Washington, DC from September-December, 2018. Start and end dates are flexible. Part time (20 hours/week) and full time (30-40 hours/week) internship opportunities are available. Hours are flexible, but priority will be given to candidates who can dedicate a significant amount of time to the internship opportunity.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume via email using the subject line: Fall Marketing & Communications Internship. Applicants are encouraged to submit a supplemental document, graphic, or multimedia presentation to showcase their experience, knowledge, and/or passion for this field of work, however this is not required for consideration.
Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate. Aurore is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.